*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 NYS Women's Senior & Super Senior Amateur Championship has been CANCELED*
2020 New York State
Women's Senior & Super
Senior Amateur Championship
Pinehaven Country Club (Guilderland)
August 25-26, 2020
$185 Entry Fee
Terms of the Competition
The Championship is open to female amateur golfers who meet the following requirements:
2. Membership: Players must be a member of the NYSGA, defined as either belonging to an NYSGA member club or an NYSGA eClub (NYS residency required of eClub members).
2. Age: Players must be at least 50 years old as of August 25, 2020.
3. USGA Handicap Index: Players must have an up-to-date USGA Handicap Index issued by their NYSGA member club.
Entries: All players must register online prior to the established deadline (see below). Entries by mail or fax will not be accepted.
Fee: $185 per player, which includes three rounds of golf with cart, complimentary access to the club's driving range and practice facilities, the player dinner on Monday night, awards, and exclusive tournament player tee gift.
Field Size: The field will be limited to 120 players, regardless of Championship division, with the lowest USGA Handicap Index as of the entry close date (August 7, 2020). Any player who does not make the initial championship field to sign up after this limit has been reached will be placed on a wait list, which will be in order by their Index. To view a preliminary listing of players by Handicap Index, click on the "The Field" link above and order by Handicap Index.
Deadline: Entries must be received prior to the deadline (5PM EST on Thursday, August 6, 2020). Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
Refund Policy: A portion of the entry fee, based on the schedule below, will be refunded regardless of reason if the NYSGA is notified (315-471-6979 or via email at email@example.com): Prior to Deadline: Entry fee less $20. After the Deadline: Entry fee less $50.
CHAMPIONSHIPS, FORMAT, AND SCHEDULE
1. Championships: 67th NYS Women's Senior Amateur (ages 50-64) and 13th NYS Women's Super Senior Amateur (ages 65+).
2. Format: 36 holes of individual stroke play.
3. Age Groups: In addition to competing in one of the Championship divisions listed above, players will also compete within the following age divisions: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+).
4. Schedule: The schedule of events is listed below.
- Practice Round & Dinner: Monday, August 24
- Round 1: Tuesday, August 25 (18 Holes)
- Round 2: Wednesday, August 26 (18 Holes)
5. Ties: The player in each Championship with the lowest score for 36 holes will be the champion. In the event of a tie for either Championship, a sudden-death playoff will be held immediately following play. If there is a tie for the gross/net winner in the Age Groups, the tie will be broken using the USGA's method of matching scorecards.
The overall gross winner and runner-up in each Championship, and the gross/net winner in each age division, will each receive a trophy to commemorate their finish.
A player may provide her own caddie. Caddies are not available through the host club.
The use of a motorized golf cart is approved, payment for which is included in the entry fee.
Spectators are always welcome at NYSGA championships. As a guest of the NYSGA and the host club, spectators are expected to dress in golf appropriate clothing and quietly follow players. Cell phones must be either turned off or set to silent. Follow your players from a distance (at least 20 yards) and stay in the rough or on the cart paths. Do not lag behind the players as this often delays players in the group behind. Spectator carts are not permitted, exceptions are only allowed if the Handicap Cart Request form (see below) is submitted seven days prior to the start of the competition.
HANDICAP CART REQUEST FORM
Click here to download and print the form that must be completed for a disabled spectator requesting the use of a motorized golf cart. Note that this form must be emailed at least seven days prior to the start of the competition.
Players must be neat in appearance with respect to clothing and personal appearance.
PLAYER MEMO FOR CHAMPIONSHIP
The pertinent information for this championship will be provided to registered players via email.
CONDITIONS; TERMS; SCHEDULES
The NYSGA reserves the right to amend any of the conditions, terms, or schedules published for this Championship. The decision of the NYSGA in any matter will be final.